Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting

I voted today.

You know, it feels good to vote. It feels like you did a good deed when you vote. I'll admit, I don't vote every year, but when I do it makes me feel good.

It does make disgruntled when I hear people say, "it is your civic duty to vote." Hogwash, I say. It is everyone's right to vote, not a duty to vote. If someone does not feel they want to vote, then they have every right not to. Many people make a statement by not voting. "None of the above." I often wish that was one of the choices. Especially this year in the Presidential category. I don't like any of the candidates. I chose one and voted for him, but I am not happy with my choice. I picked the one I felt would do the best overall job, but let's face it, anyone with any common sense would never run for President. Who would want the job. Have you ever looked at a photograph of a President when he (I use he, because we have not had a she yet) first takes office and compare it to his photograph as he leaves office? He has aged double the number of years he was in office. Have you ever compared Abraham Lincoln's photos from his first and last years in office. He appears to have aged 25 years.

Anyway, voting makes me feel good, even when the choices don't.

No comments: