Sunday, November 02, 2008

Fall Update

I realized the other day that it had been quite awhile since I had updated my blog. I thought I should do an update, I had intended to blog once or twice a week, but I just could not think what to say. Then I thought, if it had been so long, I guess it is time to update on everything that has happened since my last blog, this past summer.

School has started up again with a whole new crop of eighth graders. Things are a little different this year. I am on the first all-male teaching team in the history of Searsport District Middle School. We are sharing a principle with the high school. We have a new superintendent. And I have my nephew Jake in class this year. All those things combined make for a different and unique year. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way, nor necessarily a good way either. It is just different. Having Jake in class is definitely good, although odd at times. I don't know how Jake feels, but I do find it strange to have him in class, although I am totally enjoying the experience.

Seth, my stepson, has finished his job at the Jordan Pond House and has moved to Vermont to work at Superbush Ski Resort for the winter. He has definitely grown up and matured a lot in the last year and I am very proud of all he has done.

Cara is as beautiful as ever. I know I don't tell her this enough.

I have a new book out. It is called From George W. to George W.: The Presidents and their Cabinets. It is available exclusively on Amazon.com and has been out since late August. Sales so far have been practically non-existent, but I'm hoping it will catch on at some point. I have a couple projects in the works for other books and am hoping at least one of them will be ready before the end of 2008.

Now that Halloween has come and gone (we had no trick-or-treaters), I am looking forward to the Christmas season, which, as I have posted before, in my opinion starts now and goes through the first week of January. To me, Thanksgiving and New Years are a part of the overall Holiday Season.

Cara and I have battened down the hatches. In other words, we spent yesterday getting the house ready for the winter. This includes putting plastic over a few spots on the house that are drafty, taking care of lawn furniture, flower beds, the gas grill, the kayaks, and a number of other outdoor stuff. Winter is on its way, whether/weather we are ready or not.

I am going to try and update this blog more often, even if the entries are short. Bye for now.

No comments: