Saturday, November 29, 2008

Boston Red Sox Managers

I am very pleased to announce the publication of my newest book, Boston Red Sox Managers. This book profiles all the Red Sox managers, from 1901 to the present. Included are Joe Cronin, who managed for 13 seasons, and Rudy York, who managed for one game. It includes the very first manager, Jimmy Collins, and the present manager, Terry Francona. And it includes all the rest, 44 managers in all.

This book is actually a part of a much larger book I am writing profiling all the Major League baseball managers, from the 1870s to the present. My original hope was to have the larger book finished before Spring Training, 2009, but I quickly saw that that was unlikely to happen, so I have decided to publish shorter books, categorized by teams, while I work to finish the larger book. The Red Sox, the team I have followed passionately since I was a boy, was the logical choice to start.

Boston Red Sox Managers by Brian Merrill is available exclusively on Amazon.com at a price of $9.95 per copy.

No comments: